Skip the promises known as “New Year’s Resolutions” and go straight to an action plan for a healthy 2017. An action plan is specific. Making a resolution to “try to exercise more” is a promise. Walking 50,000 steps a week is a measurable plan. I have listed twenty measurable plans to help get your started. Come up with your own that will push you to increase your efforts in the New Year. Remember this famous quote.
“Do or Do Not. There is No Try”. Yoda.
Plan and do! Your future health will be glad you did. Happy New Year.
- Eat breakfast within 90 minutes of waking up every day.
- Increase water intake to 60 ounces a day.
- Eat some type of beans / legumes 3 times a week.
- Decrease restaurant food to once a week.
- Stop drinking caffeine six hours before bedtime.
- Eat one serving of fruit (not juice) daily.
- Have two calcium rich food sources a day.
- Eat salmon once a week.
- Prepare one new recipe each week.
- Have three servings of whole grains per day.
- Prepare roasted vegetables once a week.
- Have planned exercise of at least 150 minutes a week.
- Grocery shop with a list once a week.
- Limit alcoholic beverages to three servings per week.
- Limit red meat to twice a week.
- Journal or track progress toward dietary goals daily.
- Strive to eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Cook once and eat twice with planned-overs at least twice a week.
- Avoid going longer than 12 hours without eating from one day to the next.
- Make half of your plate vegetables at least one meal a day.